Monday, February 4, 2013

Super Bowl: And I didn't go into labor!

My husband is from Baltimore and a big Ravens fan, therefore, when we got married I too became a big Ravens fan (don't worry, he became a big Gators fan for me).  So, needless to say, the Super Bowl was a big deal in our house yesterday.

Super Ravens Fan / Super Pregnant Lady

We woke up ready to go!  Instead of having a party we decided to keep it to the two of us for two reasons.  One:  We actually wanted to watch the game and none of our friends around here are big Ravens fans...or huge football fans for that matter.  It's too easy to become a bad host when you're invested in the game.  And two:  People are still getting sick around these parts and we are being extra cautious during these last two weeks of pregnancy.  I am the type of person who loves having friends over and hates to say no when friends suggest meeting up.  So this lockdown hasn't been the easiest for me.  But I keep reminding myself that it's just for a few weeks.  Then, of course, it's a whole 'nother story once Baby arrives but I'll cross that bridge when we get there!

We had a great time watching the game together.  We had been to the Outback the day before and picked up a couple orders of wings for the game and I made my famous game-day nachos.  I hear spicy food can put you into labor...but that wasn't the case yesterday!

No labor.  Only some 2AM heartburn.

One thing that did almost put me into labor was how close the game got after the black out!  You should have heard me scream when Ray Rice fumbled the ball!  I actually had a few friends check in with me via text to see how I was doing.  They know me well.  And I'm not kidding...I did have a small contraction.  But I've been having little contractions on and off throughout the weekend.  Nothing regular and nothing debilitating.  But a definite increase in Braxton Hicks.  And sharp pains in my pelvis when walking.  Those I have to take a moment to breathe through.  My husband went on my walks with me over the weekend and it was good to have him there to squeeze his arm!  While the contractions are definitely nothing substantial yet, it's reassuring knowing that my body is preparing for the big day.  

I missed the end of the game when the 49ers were in the endzone because I was covering my face with a pillow - the stress was too much!  Thank goodness for replays.  And thank goodness the Ravens won!  We've got a little Flacco jersey all ready to go for our little one when he arrives.  And when football season comes back in the fall, his dresser is already stocked with several Ravens onesies to show his team spirit.  It's fun being Number One.

Ravens: Champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...