Thursday, February 21, 2013

Still Pregnant

February 20th was the day we'd been looking forward to since the summer.  You know, circled in red and anticipated wildly by not just us, according to the amount of texts I received yesterday.  But here we are at 2/21 and this baby is still in my belly...with no signs of wanting to come out anytime soon.

We had a doctor appointment yesterday that included an ultrasound, non stress test and an internal exam.  Good news is, Baby Boy is healthy and doing well.  Fluid levels are good, his heart rate is great, he's a good size and I'm dilating slightly, so these are all things to be thankful for.  But we thought for sure he'd be here by now.  Not just me and my husband but my doctor thought it too!  Baby is "really long" so we thought he'd be out of room. Turns out my "really long" torso is a little too accommodating.

So yesterday, after the doctor appointment, I came home, sat on my yoga ball, baked cookies, went for a long walk and put a ton of red pepper flakes on my pizza.  And besides a bit of heartburn, I'm still pregnant.  Did you know that only 34% of women go past their due date?  This is according to my BabyCenter app.  It seems like the number would be higher.  I need the stats for first time moms going over their due dates.  My mom was overdue with all three of her kids though so maybe it's another trait I've inherited.  I'm the oldest and I was two days overdue.  And I was also due on the 20th (of June).  Maybe Baby Boy will take after his mama and show up tomorrow.  Send good vibes, folks.  I'm excited to meet this little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...