Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Third Trimester!

Today marks the first day of my third trimester!  I can't believe it's here already.  It seems like just yesterday that we were looking at the results on a stick and seeing two lines.  Then it seemed like time crawled before we could tell people we were expecting.  When we finally did, time sped up. And now everything is going too fast!  I feel like I went to sleep on Monday and woke up a size larger on Tuesday.  And it's not even Thanksgiving yet!  I plan on growing at least another size after feasting tomorrow.  Of course, that growth might not take place just in my belly.  Those sweet potatoes are bound to take up residence at the back of my house...if you know what I mean.

Planning on getting the potato dishes done today and then making the apple pie tomorrow while the rest of dinner is being prepared.  I like how I conveniently volunteered to make all the sweet stuff for tomorrow's dinner. Yummm.  To balance things out, I also volunteered to make the green beans.  So there will be at least one healthy thing on the table!  My husband wanted cream corn and I said, sure, I can do that.  I started looking up recipes, trying to determine what would be the yummiest way to do this and when we to the store he said, "Oh no, I just want the corn out of the can."  "Are you sure?"  "Oh yeah."  "Well...ok then."  The man knows what he wants!  I picked up two cans and that is what he is bringing to dinner.  May not be the "best" way but it sure as heck is the easiest way!

I hope wherever you are and however you're celebrating, you have a wonderful, plentiful Thanksgiving holiday!  See you on Monday, when the house will be decorated for Christmas and we'll all be a few pounds...fuller!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Hope you did too! Just wrote a post about it :) It's fun being pregnant during the holidays, isn't it??

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...