Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bits and Pieces

This has been a strange week for me.  I mentioned that my back has been hurting and I also mentioned that I seemed to have aggravated it on my hike last Wednesday.  So I've been taking it easy since then. Thought I'd just take a few days off from my exercise plan and then be ready to get back into the swing of things.  Well, it's been six days and my back still is tweaked.  It definitely seems to be on the mend and I might even attempt a walk today.  But there is still some residual pain. I tweaked it good, y'all.  Things are definitely different when you're pregnant!  They aren't kidding when they say that joints and flexibility and balance all start to shift when there's a baby in your belly.

I feel like there are some bits and pieces to wrap up that we've talked about recently so here they are:

1.  Glucose Test:  I think I passed!  I drank that orange concoction, had my blood drawn on Nov. 2 and I haven't heard anything from my doctor yet so...I think I'm in the clear.  She said "no news is good news" and I love that my phone hasn't rang.  

2.  Flu Shot:  I've decided NOT to get it.  After doing more research and hearing more about my husband's family history with flu shot complications, I decided it'd be a risk.  At this point, there is a risk either way - whether I get it or not - so I've chosen "not."  I'm being very diligent about hygiene, eating right, taking my vitamins and getting plenty of rest.  I'm also being very vocal with my friends and people I spend time with.  If you're not feeling well, we can hang out another time.

3.  Business of Being Born: I was nervous about watching this documentary because I know I'm having a hospital birth, no matter what.  I was worried that I'd doubt my decision and be frightened by the statistics offered in the film.  I expressed my fears here.  I expressed them to my husband.  So when he came downstairs about halfway through the doc and sees me sobbing big tears, he got a stricken look on his face.  "Oh no," he said. "What happened??"  And I sobbed back, "It's...just...so...beautiful. I'm...so...lucky..."  Needless to say, he was a little relieved. The birth scenes had me all verklempt, guys.  And the film itself didn't scare me.  I thought it gave a really interesting overview of the history of birth in America and interesting insight into those who choose to have an at-home birth.  I highly recommend watching it if you are considering having an all-natural birth or just want to understand a little bit more about why someone would choose to do that.

4.  Nursery:  Is coming along!  Two big things happened on Saturday.  Dan got the room painted AND the crib arrived so he assembled it!  We love both.  We still need to get a mattress for the crib.  Any suggestions out there?  I also ordered the changing table and a rug.  Still on the hunt for a dresser but once I find that, all the key pieces will be in place.  Then it will be time to decorate the walls and find the right window treatments.  Hope to have it all done before the end of the year and can't wait to show it to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...