Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Review: Pop Beauty Lip Stain

Whaaaa is this?  A beauty product review on a mommy blog?  This seems...out of place.

Not to me though!  Now that I'm a mom, everything seems to relate back to Owen, including my makeup choices.  I used to do product reviews all the time when I wrote for a beauty blog a few years back so this feels like slipping back into a pair of jeans that fit again.  Ok. Maybe not that good.  But fun nonetheless. Onward!

I've been on the hunt for a lip stain because a.) I love to smother Owen with kisses and b.) I feel a tired face can look a little less so with the right lip color.  And I'm tired a lot lately.  Therefore, I needed to find a stain that wouldn't be too drying like I've experienced with other stains and one that would stay put, like a stain should, and not leave a trail of kiss marks all over my son's face.

So when I went to Ulta last week to restock on my Bare Minerals products, I asked the very helpful sales rep if she had a stain she could recommend.  She made a beeline to Pop Beauty Lip Stain, before I could even list my requirements.  Once I started listing, she still wasn't swayed.  I said, "I don't want it to be too drying."  She said, "This contains no alcohol, like other stains do." And I said, "I want the color to be like I just ate a cherry popsicle."  She handed me Poppy Kiss.  And I said, "Sold."



This is me at 7AM, Noon, and 7PM:


The lighting is a little different because of the time of day but I found that the lip color really held up! After the picture at noon was taken, I reapplied.  I put a little vaseline over the color throughout the day to freshen it up and keep my lips moist.  And twelve hours later, my lips still had some color to them. Not like a freshly applied color but a slight tint that may make you think that my lips are just naturally flush (and if you think that then fooled ya!).

I've been using the stain for a week now and haven't seen any adverse drying affects.  Other stains I've used have made my lips flake and crack after extended use.  The sales lady at Ulta told me that Pop Beauty's products are vegan but I didn't see that advertised on their site and that seems like something they would tout.  Either way, I think I've found a winner.

Kisses!  (from my stained, natural looking lips)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...