Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Stroller, Shipping & Facebook

Walmart delivers!  Both literally and figuratively.  I mentioned that I ordered our stroller on Black Friday because it was marked down and had cheap shipping.  Well, right after I posted that, there was a knock at the door.  Our stroller was here!  If you're playing along at home, that basically took one business day.  Having ordered a lot of different things online at this point, I can safely say that was the fastest delivery yet.  And really the fastest delivery possible.  And you know what?  It came via FedEx.  Everything else has been shipped UPS and takes at least 7-10 days.  FedEx is the winner!


I ended up ordering the stroller that I was contemplating last month, the Baby Trend Jogger Travel System, and so far, I like it.  I mean, what do I know really?  I haven't exactly gone for a spin around the block yet since I'd feel strange strapping in a teddy bear, in place of a baby, but it looks nice and sturdy and like it will do the trick.  The one thing is...it's large.  Maybe too large?  Definitely not something you can take casually to travel.  I wanted a jogger stroller that was rugged and sturdy so that I could go on long walks around my neighborhood, eventually jog with it when I'm feeling up to it and, eventually-eventually, take it on hikes at Runyon, my local hiking spot.  I think it's going to be the perfect stroller for that.  But for shopping?  Or flying?  I think I'm going to have to look into lighter-weight options.  Any suggestions??

Bonus about this stroller so far is that it folds easily for storage purposes, which is great for our space.  I still have some more playing around to do with it to figure out all of it's little quirks but I also love that it came with the infant car seat.  I nearly teared up (thanks, hormones!) when I saw the little infant head support that comes in the seat.  It's so tiny and sweet!  Just like my little man is going to be!  My-oh-my!  I'm 28 weeks along as of today, so needless to say, this is all getting very real.  I've been in surreal land for most of my pregnancy so far but things are finally sinking in!

Also!  If you're on Facebook, please "like" the new Project: Baby/Project: Mom page so that you can be alerted when a new post is up.  And if you came to this post because you already liked the page??  YOU ROCK!  Thank you so much for liking and following along.  It means a lot!  And it's nice to know that I'm not just talking to myself anymore...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...