Thursday, November 7, 2013

One of those weeks

Monday morning the sniffles started...

happy but sniffle-y baby
It's Thursday now and there's a little cough now and then that makes me hesitant to take him out and around other babies so while we normally would be on our way to yoga right now, Owen's already down for his second nap. He's not acting particularly wimpy but he's not exactly himself. I however am feeling stir-crazy. There's been no play dates, no library readings, no music classes, no movies and now no yoga. And I'm realizing how much I actually get out of the "busy" schedule we've created over the past few months. Sure, he's being stimulated and learning and socializing and that's all great, no doubt. But all our activities are important to me too. I miss seeing Owen interact with other babies and I miss my mommy friends and I miss just getting out in general. This sitting around all day is for the birds.

backyard, hanging with leaves and birds
And the time change this past weekend hasn't helped a bit.  His sleeping schedule is fine. He still naps and goes to bed at the same time.  However, his waking schedule has taken a beating.  He's been waking up this week at 3am and 4am. At three for a diaper change and at four for a bottle. We went to Target together on Tuesday (I needed a change of scenery already and it had only been a day!) and I bought the simplest coffee maker they had. It was on sale and I bought it on impulse and I'm so glad I did. This is the first time we've had a coffee maker in the house in several years. Our last one was a Keurig that died a grisly death, involving the words "roaches" and "infestation." You don't want to know the details...

Here's to hoping this coffee maker lives a much more peaceful life. And that my baby's sniffles clear up soon. And that he realizes that 3am is not the same thing as 6am.  Ah, the good ol' days (of a week ago) when he slept those additional hours...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...