Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Happy Post-Labor Day Season!

Also known as football, pumpkins and back-to-school season!

I was never a big football fan growing up.  My family, on the other hand, are hardcore fans.  Gators on Saturdays and Dolphins on Sundays.  I learned a lot about football by osmosis but, as my mom will tell you, I was known to fall asleep soundly while attending games...which may have been cute as a child...not when I was a teenager.

But! Something happened once I graduated from UF and moved to NY.  I found myself watching Gator games on Saturdays...and it helped alleviate my homesickness.  And now, more than a decade later (cough), I find myself actually looking forward to watching Gator games. I'm excited to see if Owen takes after the rest of his family and enjoys football as much as them...or if he'll end up being more like his mama in the beginning.  Only time will tell...



In the meantime, he'll be my little Gator buddy.  And on Sundays he'll be his daddy's Ravens buddy. Dan is from Baltimore and a big time Ravens fan, aka Super Bowl Champs!  Let the season of nachos and wings and beer begin!  Ok, so, yes. Maybe a big part of why I like football now is because of the snacks.

Another reason I'm excited for this post-summer season (even though it still is super hot here in LA) is because next month is October.  And that means...PUMPKIN PARTY!  I've been hosting a pumpkin party for the past few years and every year I get more excited. Last year I looked like I had swallowed a pumpkin whole...


...and this year I hope to look like that again but this time it will be a food-baby.  Which did you hear that "food baby" was added to the dictionary this year?  A nice random fact for you to impress your co-workers with.  You know, if they're impressed by that kind of thing.

And finally, back-to-school season!  I was the kid who loved back-to-school.  Which I'm sure doesn't surprise you now having learned about my propensity for falling asleep at football games and my love of random facts.  I loved getting school supplies, organizing my folders, picking out my first-day-of-school outfit, covering my books, filling out my planner...all of that good stuff.  And now, I'm implementing my own kind of back to school:  I'm going to be more committed to this blog!  My postings have been sporadic throughout the summer but it's back-to-school season...time to buckle down.  Expect to see more frequent postings here.  I hope you'll tune in!  If you "like" the Project Baby Mom page on Facebook you'll see links as new posts go up.  Or feel free to follow if you're on Blogger.  A big THANK YOU to all of you that "like" and follow and read whenever you can.  I know there is a plethora of blogs out there for you to read and it means a lot that you show up here. Sincerely.

A big hug to all of you parents reading that sent your babies off to school for the first time today (or in recent weeks)!  I'm only imagining right now but I imagine that when that day comes I'll need a big hug.  And also that I'll blink and that day will be here.  So, yep, hugs all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...