Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Tale of Lunch with an Infant

Yesterday was my friend Corinne's birthday and the three of us went out to lunch.


Owen started fussing about halfway through our meal so I took him out of his stroller and attempted to eat my salad.  Corinne had finished eating her lunch so she offered to hold him.  As I handed him over, I noticed that the back of his outfit was soaked.  Houdini-Pee had struck again!  No wonder he was fussing. I said, "Hold up.  Let me go change him," and took him back so that the Birthday Girl didn't get pee all over herself.

I navigated through the crowded restaurant with a baby and a diaper bag to the back hallway where the restroom is shared with Starbucks.  It has a coded lock.  Of course it does.  So I navigate my way into Starbucks (which was less crowded, believe it or not) and asked for the code.  Got it.  Headed back into the hallway.  Unlocked the door, looked around and, yep, there was no changing table.  Deep sigh.  So what did I do?  I headed to the back entrance, where I knew there was a bench.  Deal with it, people-walking-by.  I've got a squirmy, wet infant and nowhere else to turn.  So I laid down my changing mat and we made a quick change of the sopping wet diaper for a dry one and the long-sleeved onesie for a short-sleeved one, with O smiling the whole time, quite proud of himself.

Made our way back through the crowded restaurant, back to our table.  Handed him over to Corinne so I could finally finish my salad.

And he promptly spit up all over her.

Happy Birthday, Corinne.  Owen was too excited to hold back.


At least it wasn't poo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...